Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Nudge of the Holy Spirit

I was making supper last night. I put in 5 pieces of chicken and literally felt a "nudge" within me to put in an extra piece. So I did. In went 6 pieces of chicken.

I was then making rice and put in the usual amount when I felt the 'nudge' again to add more. So I did.

I had a salad made, but then for 'some reason', added to it. Also opened a big can of green beans...

And then I 'realized' I had a package of rolls in the freezer. Again, the 'nudge' came, so I put them in the oven to finish baking them.

Then I got a call from Tom, "Do we have enough food to feed someone else?"

Tom and Laura were walking home from soccer practice and one of the other coaches caught up to them. They found out he had a game to play in and was going to run to McD's for supper (three blocks from our house). So instead they invited him home for a meal at our house. They did not know I had been 'expecting' him by the 'nudging' of the Holy Spirit. I was truly happy and praising God that I could be hospitable with more than a glass of water in Jesus' name.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I'm glad you followed the leading of the Holy Spirit!