Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday, July 24th

Tonight is the kids going away party for their friends from church and school. They are excited for some games and a bonfire and just hanging out with friends. Already there have been tears as the reality of leaving has sunk in. Tonite will be great but hard as this may the last time for a year they see their friends. A year is a long time when you are young.

Spent some great time this past week with Laura when things did not work out with friends to get together. She ended up being the only child home and It was a sweet time in the midst of lots of busy work. She got breakfast in bed one day thanks to dad, Mocha from me, a movie late night, good long talks, better connection---good stuff.

We got the kitchen cleaned and organized with some of my "good" dishes put away. It is easier to do it with a hard working friend so big thanks to Dawn!

With the weather changes we have had lately has come a 3 day migraine for me. I can't stop and nurse it so am trying to break its hold on my head. I ended sleeping about 12 hours to alleviate the pain, but still have the dullness of it in my neck and head. Every noise feels magnified...and I have a party tonite with about 20-30 kids. The grace of God for even this, right!

I have been growing out my hair....was liking the length until last week...was trying to convince myself to leave it alone. But last night I gave in..... I cut it! I like shorter hair I guess, or maybe I am addicted to scissors.

We have had good news from Vienna Christian School this week. The power brokers on all ends have come to a resolution in regards to the Visa situation staff were facing. All faculty and staff will receive residency visa and work permits for family members. VCS can remain in ministry as long as the Lord will now. So we are praising Him for His work in this matter.

Prayer requests continue to be our remaining portion of support. We need to be fully supported by Christmas otherwise we may have to leave. Staff have been sent home to raise support in the past. So we would ask for prayer that if anyone is interested in supporting us they would contact us. God has orchestrated all details well so far. But we leave nothing to presumption but instead prayer. We praise Him for his initiating grace as well as the finishing grace we will receive.

No comments: