Monday, July 27, 2009

July 27th--four days left!

What is more sweet than gathering to pray and be prayed for? My dear friend Carol, along with Dawn, Cande, Linda, Marge, Cheryl, Bonita, Joan, and Mary got together to pray blessing on our family. Our children were prayed for with true love and sincerity. I was truly blessed to be with these women for the last 9 years! I know that no matter where we live they are faithful friends and prayer partners with us.

I have posted pictures on Facebook for those who want to see some of the kids going away party. That was a wonderful time, but of course hard for the kids to say good-bye to their dear friends. I think our children are courageous and brave and way more up for adventure than I ever was at their age.

I am signing off to go sort through important papers. Tomorrow I clean bathrooms and finish up laundry---isn't missions glamorous? :)

Our kids are sleeping over at friends houses one last time....soooo Tom and I are going out for some Thai food for our 23rd Anniversary. Our anniversary is
August 2nd and I don't think we will be up for much celebrating after just arriving August 1st. (Thanks Linda for the dinner out on you!)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad you had that time for prayer (and that you have blog - one of my newer passions!) Blessings on your last few days in the states and on your anniversary!