Thursday, July 30, 2009

July 30th----last full day

Just a super quick post...pretty tired after lots of good-byes. The greatest thing is that people come over to pray with you when you leave the country! That is so awesome.

We have a cleared out house! We have quite a boat-load of things we took to thrift store and clothes we just had to have are now in storage. We are more materialistic than I thought.

I got a phone call from my sister to say good-bye, but she also told me of my father being diagnosed with lung cancer. Hard to hear at this point. I went from numb to sad and back to auto-pilot to just get things done that need to get done.

I can't wait to get on the airplane tomorrow and sit! Just sit for 12 hours! No packing, no decisions except what I want to drink. Sounds good already.

The kids are partying on the phone with friends...talking and texting...I love their friends! Super kids.

Next time I write...it just might be in German...Auf Wiedersehen! Schlaf gut!

No comments: